ACM brings together computing educators, researchers, and professionals to inspire dialogue, share resources, and address the field's challenges. As the world’s largest computing society, ACM strengthens the profession's collective voice through strong leadership, promotion of the highest standards, and recognition of technical excellence. ACM supports the professional growth of its members by providing opportunities for life‐long learning, career development, and professional networking.
Founded at the dawn of the computer age, ACM’s reach extends to every part of the globe, with more than half of its nearly 100,000 members residing outside the U.S. Its growing membership has led to Councils in Europe, India, and China, fostering networking opportunities that strengthen ties within and across countries and technical communities. Their actions enhance ACM’s ability to raise awareness of computing’s important technical, educational, and social issues around the world.
Student chapter members can also take advantage of ACM activities and services. Opportunities include the:
- Distinguished Speakers Program
- International Collegiate Programming Contest
- Student Research Competition
Student chapters provide a natural setting to develop and demonstrate the leadership capabilities critical to students’ career development. They also help students get involved in the business world with workshops, resume assistance, and career building initiatives.
This Giving Day, we are aiming to engage donors to raise $1,000 to support:
- Computing Conferences, Workshops, Symposia - Send CSU students to events, which mirror the state-of-the-art in their respective fields, attract renowned experts from a broad range of computing disciplines. Many of these conferences have earned preeminent status in their respective fields, attracting attendees from around the globe to meet with colleagues, discover innovative trends, and address pressing issues in the digital world.
- Career development workshops - Invite industry speakers established in the corporate world to network and speak with students!
Thank you for your donation!