Operation STEM (OpSTEM) is a program that offers interactive and engaging experiences for incoming first-year students pursuing STEM degrees. OpSTEM's primary mission is to provide students the resources needed to excel in their precalculus-calculus courses, develop successful academic practices and work with like-minded peers pursuing STEM degrees. The program is offered at no cost to the student.
Operation STEM annually serves 105* incoming, first-year, first generation STEM majors (OpSTEM Scholars) who will engage in:
- 1-credit Introduction to University Life General Education course
- 2-week Summer Math Enrichment & College Prep Program
- AKA "OpSTEM Summer Institute"
- Supplemental Math Classes Taught by STEM Peer Teachers (150 mins./wk.)*
- One-on-One Peer Tutoring and Mentoring
- Group Study Sessions & Simulated Mock Finals
- Academic Course Guidance
- Monetary Stipends for the OpSTEM Scholars
- STEM Professional Speaker Series
- College Success & Career Prep Workshops
- OpSTEM Textbook Scholarship
- FREE 8-week, 4-credit Summer Calculus I Course
*In addition, to our 105 OpSTEM Scholars, we serve an additional 350+ students in the Precalculus and Calculus courses each semester.
Every gift, of any amount, makes a difference!
- $25 - 2 Hours of Tutoring and Mentoring
- $50 - Meals & Study Materials per student per year
- $100 - 1-week Summer Institute Stipend per student
- $200 - 2-week Summer Institute Stipend per student
- $500 - Meals & Study Materials and 2-week Summer Institute Stipends for 2 students
- $1000 - Tutoring, Study Materials, Speaker Series, Workshops, Mentoring, Meals, Stipends, STEM Peer Teachers, and Academic Course Guidance per student/per year.
Thank you for your support!