The Math Corps Cleveland is a combined academic enrichment and mentoring program that brings middle and high school students from the greater Cleveland area together, with college students, to learn mathematics from each other, as well as to interact with professional mathematicians in a university setting. We are a branch of the Wayne State University Math Corps, seeking to replicate the tremendous successes of the model they have developed over the course of 20+ years.
The Math Corps is based on the dream of creating a self-perpetuating corps of students from middle school through college, who excel academically, hold values that breed success in general, and who, through strong mentoring relationships, pass their knowledge and their values on to younger students, who in turn do the same. The Math Corps Cleveland is a tuition-free program thanks to funding from generous donors.
A gift of... supports...
- $5: One day's transportation (RTA bus tickets) for a student to get to and from camp.
- $75: Supply and food costs associated with one middle school student's participation.
- $100: Scientific calculators for an entire team of 10 middle school students.
- $250: School supplies for an entire 16-person team.
- $500: One high school student's teaching assistant stipend.
- $750: Food for the whole camp on one of our Thursday "Family Meal Days."
- $1,000: Breakfast for all six weeks of camp.
- $1,500: T-shirts for all Math Corps participants.
Thank you for supporting our students!